Monday, June 4, 2007

Of late in Mexico

















Recently in Mexico much has been made of the bad press; it is hard not to dwell on it or let it color each day here.

I have to laugh when I think of a phrase about Mexico told to me tongue in cheek: Life in Mexico isn't like a box of chocolates. it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow. That said on those days when the negative seems to sink into each tiny moment I try to think about those things that surround us here. There are milliseconds when I may blink & the fleeting image before me is gone. In those seconds I just may view a spectacular glimpse of something or someone I never would have seen if I had skipped Mexico altogether...If I am lucky the camera is close so I can capture the moment, keep & remember it~



Don't dance so fast, Time is short, The music won't last.





And then when I found it,
Wherever it blew,
I should know that the wind
Had been going there too.

So then I could tell them
Where the wind goes…
But where the wind comes from
Nobody knows. A.A. Milne

3 comments:

carlacares said...

Hey those Mexican winds have been blowing smoke from forest burning up here.

Hornsfan said...

One of the first things I can remember about visiting Mexico when I was a kid (and we'd walk across at Piedras Negras with Mimi and Papa) was that in the "small town" that it was then there was a siesta and things were pretty quiet all through the town then. The photo of the two older men on the bench reminds me of those days.

Dee said...

Yes, those men are sitting at the town square in Mapimi like they used to in Piedras Negras.