"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." - Sophia Loren
In a path that took her from Texas to Alaska my Mom gave her daughters the strength to go full speed ahead in life~
She taught us to take the middle path between the head and the heart.
My Mom & all the women in our family before her shaped & molded our lives without ever knowing it!
Five Mom facts! Some family factoids, little known...
1. She is 1/2 Irish~don't make her mad!!! Quite possible truest statement about all Harrington women.
2. She is an awesome seamstress but very rarely ever dressed me & my sister alike when we were kids. Whew!!!!
3. She has always been very calm under pressure. My sister was bitten in the head by a Bengal Tiger when she was 9 years old & Mom kept her cool. I on the other hand didn't believe it until my mother confirmed the story! She was a seemingly very calm Mother at the time!
4. She was a very young, hip mom when I was in grade school driving a maroon Plymouth Barracuda around San Antonio, Texas. Sure, she would have been way cooler without 2 kids in the back seat~but that was my Mom!!!
5. She holds her own against snakes & other critters that come her way out on the ranch in Knippa~ and is a regular Annie Oakley with a 12 gage shotgun! *again, this probably falls in the don't make her mad category!!!
And finally! We love her & don't want her to change one little bit!
You have given the rest of the women in our family quite a path in life to follow.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom aka: Mimi!
A family of head strong women!! Mom & Nana passed on some great Harrington & Hamilton genes!