Saturday, December 8, 2007

In giving we receive so much.


Each week when I volunteer at Casa Hogar Douglas I feel my heartstrings are touched in a new way. Today serving & helping at the children's home Christmas party was no exception. I have met a group of incredible adults there at Casa Hogar & am constantly amazed by the random acts of kindness which seem to make daily changes in the lives of the kids there. Those children are truly beautiful & give me much more than I can ever possibly return to them.
To find out more about Casa Hogar Douglas check out this site:
http://www.back2backministries.org/index.php/internationalMinistry/about






















I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
Albert Schweitzer~

4 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

It is special...it got John to smile!

Hornsfan said...

i wish i had been able to be there with you all, it looks like it was an excellent way to spend the day

ClaudiaH said...

Your Spanish must be getting very bueno! I would think it would be hard to understand kids and also people who didn't learn 'book" Spanish.

Dee said...

This was special & a good time was had by all.
I wish I were fluent & can speak some but not nearly where I should be language-wise!