Thursday, December 6, 2007

December South of the Border

DecoraciĆ³n de la casa para la Navidad!



















I am putting up a few Christmas Decorations & getting ready for my daughter to visit tomorrow. I pulled out this cheery Royal Doulton plate, a gift from my sister before I moved here last year. It shows a pleasant little Christmas Posada which is far from the way the modern South of the Border posadas are celebrated in this day & age, but I like it none the less. The colors & raised relief make a perfect addition to my Mexican Navidad items. *I had a little help of the furry four legged kind when I set up the Colorful Paper Mache Nativity set. Katerina played with the lightwieght Wisemen & Mary, moving them around. Later in the day I thought Mary looked like she was in conversation with the Wisemen!! Hmmm! Better keep that cat in line~she will have her own Fiesta with my decorations.


















This view this morning at daybreak was an automatic tonic for the day! I can't put a price on that~it's the little blessings that keep me daily going forward.

3 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

I didn't realize that was a nativity set, I thought they were all girls, angels, with their pretty eyes and pink outfits!

Hornsfan said...

no christmas decorations are complete with out a little UT christmas...you'll have to borrow some of my orange :)

Dee said...

I do agree that these look ultra femenine! I frankly can't tell the men from women! It is a little on the confusing side!
Lauren~I think you have the burnt orange covered for all of us! ha,ha!