Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Circle of Friends in Torreon

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”




Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure~
After being introduced to the Ex Patriot's group here called Circle of Friends I knew I could somehow make it here. This group has certainly helped me keep my sanity on almost every level since arriving in Torreon. International moves are never as simple as they sound, so coming together with a group of women who share ideas & thoughts is nothing short of a miracle. There is the way you do things before you get down here & the way you do things once you are here. Meeting these women really has changed life down here for me.














Without these women as friends, Torreon would be like living in a lonely little dust bowl!


















A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end. Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend.
- By Emma Guest

5 comments:

Nancy Durant said...

"The best we find in our travels is an honest friend. He is a fortunate voyager who finds many."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Dee said...

Awe I love that~~ditto, Tilegirl!!

Hornsfan said...

You have no idea how much I love those women too...just because they have made your stay in Mexico bearable.

carlacares said...

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
Elbert Hubbard

We need no explanation. Moving is tough no matter where you are or when. It means leaving people and places we love behind and having to start over only to have to leave again.
Lots of love, Carla

Oziel Rivas said...

i realize i am man in a ladies world, but i am trying to locate the american community here in torreon. my name is oz and my wife is raquel. we would appreciate a contact from you and your help. look forward to hearing from ya'll (texan in me) soon.