Friday, July 18, 2008

A Daughter visit~

Life is fleeting, years rush past....
and little girls grow up so fast!


Visits with our girls are rather jealously controled for the precious time we have with them here South of the Border. This daughter trip we did the normal touristy things & relaxed as well as visited with a few friends. Jackie found out, yes we do have decent Italian food in Mexico, you can totally avoid strange people you meet on the airplane & if you think it's hot in Texas in July just check the weather in Mexico!!!























Some daughter visits we even get a few projects accomplished & "Off our List"! This trip the Memory Quilt was finished & I can finally say I am rid of that box of Tee-shirts which were cluttering up my linen closet!!! Miracles do happen~

9 comments:

katie lore said...

What a wonderful special time to have with your daughter! I'm sure she loved being with her parents as much as you loved having there with you.

And the t-shirt quilt...brilliant!

Nancy Durant said...

The quilt is fantastic!
Doesn't a visit from a daughter help John to smile?????

Dee said...

Yes, Mr. Serious smiled alot in fact:) So glad you like the quilt! It was mucho fun! Also a good thing to put those SPHS & other tee shirts to use somehow!

Samantha O'Brien said...

You can't realy complain about the heat to me - It was 119 and semi humid here is AZ the other day!

Dee said...

Yipers, Sam!!! I wouldn't want that type of heat! We used to say in Torreon it was a "dry" heat...but it's still heat! Too darned hot for me!

Andi said...

Is that L'Anfora di Ianilli? We had lunch there yesterday. Delicious!

Dee said...

Andi, yes it is! It was so wonderful! I am glad you like it too! My daughter loved the food there!

Chef E said...

Awwwwe I missed this blog somehow...that is one southern thing we never did, quilting, but plenty of other needle work, I made the kids clothes when they were little...your daughter is gorgeous!
HPY THG! -E

Dee said...

Elizabeth, I too loved sewing when my kids were small. That is why this project appealed to me. This one is pretty easy, if you are at all interested make one of these. They are pretty simple & so enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments, I have two daughters. One has the blog (Bytes from Texas: One Longhorn's Adventures) you follow & then my youngest shown here is in college still.